The Catholic Monitor is honored to post the following short piece by a good friend of our website.
Five myths of why Bergogilio is definitely the pope:
1. Myth: He is the pope because we've had corrupt popes before. (Answer: Just because a man is corrupt doesn't make him the pope.)
2. Myth: He is the pope we deserve because of our infidelity. (Answer: What we deserve doesn't make him the pope.)
3. Myth: He is the pope by God's will. (Answer: God is not chaotic. He abides by His own rules. If it was God's will for Bergoglio to be the pope, Bergoglio would have been validly elected.)
4. Myth: We have to accept him as pope until a future pope says otherwise. (Answer: Cardinal Burke has stated there are real doubts as to the validity of Bergoglio's election. It is a staple of Catholic moral theology that one may not act on doubt. In other words, we have no authority to accept Bergoglio as pope until competent Church authority resolves the issue.)
5. Myth: Only private judgment, based on pride, could be the basis for doubting that Bergoglio is the pope. (Answer: Only private judgment based on pride could insist, in light of all we know, that he possibly could be.)
of the Church St. Francis de Sales totally confirmed beyond any doubt
the possibility of a heretical pope and what must be done by the Church
in such a situation:
"[T]he Pope... WHEN he is EXPLICITLY a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church MUST either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
(The Catholic Controversy, by St. Francis de Sales, Pages 305-306)
Saint Robert Bellarmine, also, said "the Pope heretic is not deposed ipso facto, but must be declared deposed by the Church."
- "If Francis is a Heretic, What should Canonically happen to him?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2020/12/if-francis-is-heretic-what-should.html
- "Could Francis be an Antipope even though the Majority of Cardinals claim he is Pope?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2019/03/could-francis-be-antipope-even-though.html
- LifeSiteNews, "Confusion explodes as Pope Francis throws magisterial
weight behind communion for adulterers," December 4, 2017:
The AAS guidelines explicitly allows "sexually active adulterous couples facing 'complex circumstances' to 'access the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.'"
- On February 2018, in Rorate Caeli, Catholic theologian Dr. John Lamont:
"The AAS statement... establishes that Pope Francis in Amoris Laetitia has affirmed propositions that are heretical in the strict sense."
- On December 2, 2017, Bishop Rene Gracida:
"Francis' heterodoxy is now official. He has published his letter to the Argentina bishops in Acta Apostlica Series making those letters magisterial documents."
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church by the bishops by the grace of God.
- Intel Cryptanalyst-Mathematician on Biden Steal: "212Million Registered Voters & 66.2% Voting,140.344 M Voted...Trump got 74 M, that leaves only 66.344 M for Biden" [http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/intel-cryptanalyst-mathematician-on.html?m=1]
- Will US be Venezuela?: Ex-CIA Official told Epoch Times "Chávez started to Focus on [Smartmatic] Voting Machines to Ensure Victory as early as 2003": http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/will-us-be-venezuela-ex-cia-official.html