Alito: COVID "Constitutional Stress Test.... never before seen Restrictions as Severe... Concerns over their Impact on Individuals’ Civil Liberties"
An Epoch Times article reported that Justice Samuel Alito "told a Federalist Society virtual convention last November that he thought the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus pandemic serves as a 'sort of constitutional stress test.' He argued that America has “never before seen restrictions as severe, extensive, and prolonged as those experienced for most of 2020' and raised concerns over their impact on individuals’ civil liberties."
The article revealed that "Alito said on Sunday that he was 'not surprised' by the reaction to comments he made last year about state restrictions in response to the CCP virus pandemic":
The rare public address garnered mixed reactions from lawyers, with some criticizing him for engaging in what they say is political speech.
In a statement to USA Today, Alito defended his statement, saying that the points he made in his November speech followed the same line of argument he made in a previous Supreme Court opinion he authored about the issue.
“Virtually every substantive point in the Federalist Society speech was taken from one of my published opinions or an opinion I joined,” Alito said. The justice is the court’s fourth-most senior member. He also added that he was “not surprised by the reaction.”
In one example, Alito authored a dissent—published in July last year—that raised concerns over Nevada’s decision...
... The court in a 5-4 rejected the church’s request to lift the restriction, prompting dissenting opinions from conservative-leaning justices.
“The Constitution guarantees the free exercise of religion. It says nothing about the freedom to play craps or blackjack, to feed tokens into a slot machine, or to engage in any other game of chance. But the Governor of Nevada apparently has different priorities,” Alito wrote in his dissent. He was joined by Justices Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh. Justice Neil Gorsuch authored his own separate dissent. [https://www.theepochtimes.com/justice-alito-says-not-surprised-by-reaction-to-his-comments-about-pandemic-restrictions_3679542.html?utm_source=morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-02-01]
of the Church St. Francis de Sales totally confirmed beyond any doubt
the possibility of a heretical pope and what must be done by the Church
in such a situation:
"[T]he Pope... WHEN he is EXPLICITLY a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church MUST either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
(The Catholic Controversy, by St. Francis de Sales, Pages 305-306)
Saint Robert Bellarmine, also, said "the Pope heretic is not deposed ipso facto, but must be declared deposed by the Church."
- "If Francis is a Heretic, What should Canonically happen to him?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2020/12/if-francis-is-heretic-what-should.html
- "Could Francis be a Antipope even though the Majority of Cardinals claim he is Pope?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2019/03/could-francis-be-antipope-even-though.html
- LifeSiteNews, "Confusion explodes as Pope Francis throws magisterial
weight behind communion for adulterers," December 4, 2017:
The AAS guidelines explicitly allows "sexually active adulterous couples facing 'complex circumstances' to 'access the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.'"
- On February 2018, in Rorate Caeli, Catholic theologian Dr. John Lamont:
"The AAS statement... establishes that Pope Francis in Amoris Laetitia has affirmed propositions that are heretical in the strict sense."
- On December 2, 2017, Bishop Rene Gracida:
"Francis' heterodoxy is now official. He has published his letter to the Argentina bishops in Acta Apostlica Series making those letters magisterial documents."
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church by the bishops by the grace of God.
- Intel Cryptanalyst-Mathematician on Biden Steal: "212Million Registered Voters & 66.2% Voting,140.344 M Voted...Trump got 74 M, that leaves only 66.344 M for Biden" [http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/intel-cryptanalyst-mathematician-on.html?m=1]
- Will US be Venezuela?: Ex-CIA Official told Epoch Times "Chávez started to Focus on [Smartmatic] Voting Machines to Ensure Victory as early as 2003": http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/will-us-be-venezuela-ex-cia-official.html
Pray an Our Father now for the grace to know God's Will and to do it.