There appears to be rebellion at the One Peter Five comment section against Francis fan boy 1P5 publisher Steve Skojec's post "It’s Weird to Say It, But Pope Francis Has a Point":
I couldn't disagree more with your point of view, starting from the oxbow river analogy.
The traditionalists are not stuck on a river bend because they split up from the main body, rather they were cast away and relegated to a small village that is now and has been for many decades under siege by the ruling power, much like Maccabees.
Imagine spending 60 years under siege, with a very small population (compared to the ruling cultural power), standing your ground not only against the temporal powers as well as against the One who cast you way.
That is the situation the Traditionalists are facing, they can't produce anything because their main concern is keeping the walls sealed and the doors intact, or else.
Once the siege has been loosened or defeated, we'll be in for a REAL renaissance.
There is no way to deny this. Fr. Faber said (170 years ago) that the world had become a whirlwind in his time and it is not incumbent for those in a tornado to stop it, but to find safety.
We are not in a position
to reflect on new ways for the new to blend with the old organically.
Both the Church and the world is moving so fast it is too hard for a
human to possibly understand the complexities of how this is destroying
us psychologically, spiritually and intellectually.
I do agree it would be interesting to have a Church teach how to deal with modern communications in relation to children, or how to deal with the entertainment culture.
Instead I have to deal with the Church
producing a sodomite culture, with blasphemous statements and actions
while the world politically is descending into Communistic chaos.
Trads are reactionary because we have no way to be in action. At this point unless there is Divine intervention we are all looking at women priests, and a complete takeover of the western world.
I don't think you payed any attention to Steve's point. The oxbow lake is not a part of the river that separated itself from the main body, it's part of the original body of the river that got left on the sideline because the river "created a shortcut". You're just trying to put up a defense on tradition suposing Steve is doing the oposite. I 100% understand his atitude to just say "you're wrong", because I too don't have patience for such things.
Look at you, assuming what I'm thinking.
How did you come to the conclusion that I assumed Steve is attacking the Tradition? I used another analogy to explain why there hasn't been 'progress' from this side (debunked by Prof. Kwaniewski in the comments below).
I read this blog very often to know where Steve stands, but you on the other hand is using of malice and deceit to make a point.
I do have patience even for people like you, maybe so I can help you get real. [https://onepeterfive.com/its-weird-to-say-it-but-pope-francis-has-a-point/]
- Doctor of the Church St. Francis de Sales totally confirmed beyond any doubt the possibility of a heretical pope and what must be done by the Church in such a situation:
"[T]he Pope... WHEN he is EXPLICITLY a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church MUST either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
(The Catholic Controversy, by St. Francis de Sales, Pages 305-306)
Saint Robert Bellarmine, also, said "the Pope heretic is not deposed ipso facto, but must be declared deposed by the Church."
- "If Francis is a Heretic, What should Canonically happen to him?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2020/12/if-francis-is-heretic-what-should.html
- "Could Francis be a Antipope even though the Majority of Cardinals claim he is Pope?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2019/03/could-francis-be-antipope-even-though.html
- LifeSiteNews, "Confusion explodes as Pope Francis throws magisterial weight behind communion for adulterers," December 4, 2017:
The AAS guidelines explicitly allows "sexually active adulterous couples facing 'complex circumstances' to 'access the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.'"
- On February 2018, in Rorate Caeli, Catholic theologian Dr. John Lamont:
"The AAS statement... establishes that Pope Francis in Amoris Laetitia has affirmed propositions that are heretical in the strict sense."
- On December 2, 2017, Bishop Rene Gracida:
"Francis' heterodoxy is now official. He has published his letter to the Argentina bishops in Acta Apostlica Series making those letters magisterial documents."
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church by the bishops by the grace of God.
- Intel Cryptanalyst-Mathematician on Biden Steal: "212Million Registered Voters & 66.2% Voting,140.344 M Voted...Trump got 74 M, that leaves only 66.344 M for Biden" [http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/intel-cryptanalyst-mathematician-on.html?m=1]
- Will US be Venezuela?: Ex-CIA Official told Epoch Times "Chávez started to Focus on [Smartmatic] Voting Machines to Ensure Victory as early as 2003": http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/will-us-be-venezuela-ex-cia-official.html- Tucker Carlson's Conservatism Inc. Biden Steal Betrayal is explained by “One of the Greatest Columns ever Written" according to Rush: http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2021/01/tucker-carlsons-conservatism-inc-biden.html?m=1- A Hour which will Live in Infamy: 10:01pm November 3, 2020:
Pray an Our Father now for the grace to know God's Will and to do it.