It is also crucial that readers understand the pervasiveness of Opus Dei’s voice and point-of-view in the Catholic media—and that these influences are rarely, if ever, identified as coming from Opus Dei. During the last three decades, using its numeraries or wealthy supernumeraries or philanthropic cooperators, the Prelature has established and/or taken over many Catholic media outlets including EWTN. - Opus Dei expert Randy Engel [https://akacatholic.com/opus-deis-role-in-the-vigano-affair/]
EWTN acquires National Catholic Register
First they came for the traddies, and I did not speak up, because I was not a traddy. Then they came for Opus Dei... [https://www.gloria.tv/post/Zyx1kCyY88mN4JRGTCGCdgQfU]
It appears that Francis and Opus Dei may finally be at war:
- Give us a break: this is revenge, Jesuit revenge, Peronist revenge. And this despite the fact that Opus Dei has been submissive to every whim of Francis from day one. Once again, with this thousandth motu proprio, the Jesuit coterie of perverts currently running the central offices of the Church want to make it clear to everyone: no matter how powerful and wealthy and sheepish and quiet you are, they are in charge. And they won’t leave you alone. - Rorate Caeli [https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2022/07/jesuit-pope-downgrades-opus-dei.html]
- First, despite the early talk about decentralizing power from Rome, what we have seen again and again is concentration of more and more control in Rome. If this reign of Francis is about anything, it is about centralizing control.
Second, the structure of the “personal prelature” was often thought of as a solution for traditional groups, including the SSPX. This, therefore, does not bode well for any traditional group. In other news, water is still wet.
Third, this could also smack of caudillo-like revenge: more and more it seems that members of Opus Dei are not entirely thrilled with all that Francis does. Fr. Z [https://wdtprs.com/2022/07/francis-weakens-the-opus-dei-personal-prelature/]
Coincidentally, it appears that the reportedly Opus Dei "influence[d]" EWTN's Catholic News Agency as well as some Catholic news outlets like the National Catholic Register unwittingly may have admitted to be true what Dr. Edmund Mazza's thesis proposes that Pope Benedict XVI bifurcated the papacy and is in substantial error. Catholic pundit Ann Barnhardt explains:
So I guess now the new hotness is to freely admit that Pope Benedict never resigned the Office, only the active governance of the Church; that he believed and believes still that the Papacy is a “Fourth Level” of ordination that can never be resigned; and that Pope Benedict is, in fact, the Pope…
…while blithely ignoring the ontological and explicit canonical impossibility of calling a valid conclave while the Pope is still alive and occupying the See, and by extension the total logical absurdity of having multiple living Popes simultaneously.
How very modern. Refusing to deal with reality by pretending reality doesn’t matter. Or pretending that SUBSTANTIAL ERROR can be shrugged off with an effeminate “Meh”. [https://www.barnhardt.biz/2022/07/21/national-catholic-register-casually-admits-what-weve-been-saying-for-years-pope-benedict-never-resigned-and-is-still-the-pope/]
The Catholic News Agency said:
Does one stay pope forever?
In practice, Benedict XVI distinguished between the munus and the officium, that is, between the function and the exercise of the function. Once elected pope, he remains pope forever.
In a certain sense, Benedict XVI equated the election as pope with a further episcopal ordination. The theologian Karl Rahner, who emphasized that the power of order and the power of jurisdiction were indissociable, had come to consider the primacy conferred with the election as Pope as the highest degree of the sacrament of orders. According to this criterion, the beginning of the Pope's Petrine ministry would represent a unique ordination.
Pope Francis, however, plans to be Bishop of Rome Emeritus. He would no longer have the Petrine primacy and therefore would return to work in public life as a confessor, and likely also reside in the Lateran Palace. [https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/251831/the-pope-emeritus-puzzle-will-pope-francis-rewrite-the-rules-of-resignation]
Pray an Our Father now for reparation for the sins committed because of Francis's Amoris Laetitia.
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church as well as the Triumph of the Kingdom of the Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Stop for a moment of silence, ask Jesus Christ what He wants you to do now and next. In this silence remember God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost - Three Divine Persons yet One God, has an ordered universe where you can know truth and falsehood as well as never forget that He wants you to have eternal happiness with Him as his son or daughter by grace. Make this a practice. By doing this you are doing more good than reading anything here or anywhere else on the Internet.
- Doctor of the Church St. Francis de Sales totally confirmed beyond any doubt the possibility of a heretical pope and what must be done by the Church in such a situation:
"[T]he Pope... WHEN he is EXPLICITLY a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church MUST either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
(The Catholic Controversy, by St. Francis de Sales, Pages 305-306)
Saint Robert Bellarmine, also, said "the Pope heretic is not deposed ipso facto, but must be declared deposed by the Church."
- "If Francis is a Heretic, What should Canonically happen to him?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2020/12/if-francis-is-heretic-what-should.html
- "Could Francis be a Antipope even though the Majority of Cardinals claim he is Pope?": http://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2019/03/could-francis-be-antipope-even-though.html
- If Francis betrays Benedict XVI & the"Roman Rite Communities" like he betrayed the Chinese Catholics we must respond like St. Athanasius, the Saintly English Bishop Robert Grosseteste & "Eminent Canonists and Theologians" by "Resist[ing]" him: https://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2021/12/if-francis-betrays-benedict-xvi.html
- LifeSiteNews, "Confusion explodes as Pope Francis throws magisterial weight behind communion for adulterers," December 4, 2017:
The AAS guidelines explicitly allows "sexually active adulterous couples facing 'complex circumstances' to 'access the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.'"
- On February 2018, in Rorate Caeli, Catholic theologian Dr. John Lamont:
"The AAS statement... establishes that Pope Francis in Amoris Laetitia has affirmed propositions that are heretical in the strict sense."
- On December 2, 2017, Bishop Rene Gracida:
"Francis' heterodoxy is now official. He has published his letter to the Argentina bishops in Acta Apostlica Series making those letters magisterial documents."
Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church by the bishops by the grace of God.
- Intel Cryptanalyst-Mathematician on Biden Steal: "212Million Registered Voters & 66.2% Voting,140.344 M Voted...Trump got 74 M, that leaves only 66.344 M for Biden" [http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/intel-cryptanalyst-mathematician-on.html?m=1]
- Will US be Venezuela?: Ex-CIA Official told Epoch Times "Chávez started to Focus on [Smartmatic] Voting Machines to Ensure Victory as early as 2003": http://catholicmonitor.blogspot.com/2020/12/will-us-be-venezuela-ex-cia-official.html