Skip to main content

Does Fatima Controversy Disclose Francis' Vatican Press Office is Less Trusted than the Old USSR Pravda?

Why is Francis' Vatican Press Office less trusted than Pravda by many middle of the road faithful orthodox Catholics?

Why the panic-attack denial from the Vatican Press Office just because the Fatima message supposedly said the apostasy in the Church will start at the very top?

These comments comes from Fr. Z's blog which bends over backwards to be fair to Pope Francis, but does call a spade a spade.

These commenters are generally intelligent and well read Catholics. They are not radical traditionalist. Fr. Z is very heavy handed in deleting Rad Trads as they are called.

You'll find the same type of  comments by many middle of the road faithful orthodox Catholics on The Catholic Thing (TCT). One of the revealing comments on faithful Catholics distrust of the present man in St. Peter's office on TCT was something like don't worry, pray and don't listen to Pope Francis.

Cornelius says:

I don’t understand all the focus on the Fatima message. Yes, purportedly the BVM said the apostasy in the Church will start at the very top. But that’s obvious isn’t it? It happening before our eyes. AL seeks to justify/rationalize a permanent state of adultery – if this isn’t the most flagrant rejection of divine truth then I don’t know what is.

johnthemad says:

I have no idea whether the entire message of Our Lady at Fatima has been published or not. Nor am I one to spend much time fretting over it. Working in government for many years I can say, however, that the statement of the Vatican Press Office reads like political spin, intended to convey a certain message without explicitly stating the facts by selectively telling the truth.
The Vatican has a major problem on its hands as many of the faithful do not trust statements emerging from that source. The lack of trust appears to be well earned in this pontificate. It is a self-inflicted wound.

DJAR says:
padredana says: I hope those who were spreading the lies which lead the Pope Emeritus to clarify things will make public retractions.
Father Dollinger has now publicly reiterated that Cardinal Ratzinger did indeed tell him what he initially claimed he said.

1. Benedict Joseph says:
There are other matters for which we hunger to hear Pope Benedict insights. While not wishing to diminish the gravity of the Third Secret of Fatima – the message of Our Lady of Fatima is something I treasure — there are still other serious issues for which we would most grateful to hear Pope Benedict’s comments and clarifications. Surely this is in the awareness of Benedict and his circle, and in the awareness of the inhabitants of the Domus Sanctae Marthae. Just what prioritizes this blip on the screen of contemporary Catholic discussion?
  2. BarefootPilgrim says:
    Is that what BXVI really said, or is it what the Holy See Press Office says he said?

1. Tricia says:
    I think it’s impossible to know what Pope Benedict did or did not say because it gets filtered through the Press Office, and we all know there are wolves in the Vatican.

1. BarefootPilgrim says:
    B16 asked us to pray for him (2005), that he wouldn’t flee for fear of the wolves. They seem to have multiplied since then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bishops of Colorado gave an apparent Vaxx "Exemption" Letter & Stated: "Vaccination is Not Morally Obligatory and so Must Be Voluntary"

Today, the bishops of Colorado gave an apparent Vaxx " exemption" letter (21_8_Vaccine_Exemption_CCC_Fin...docx(20KB)) and stated that "Vaccination is Not Morally Obligatory and so Must Be Voluntary":  COLORADO CATHOLIC CONFERENCE 1535 Logan Street | Denver, CO 80203-1913 303-894-8808 | cocatholicconference.org   [Date]   To Whom It May Concern, [Name] is a baptized Catholic seeking a religious exemption from an immunization requirement. This letter explains how the Catholic Church’s teachings may lead individual Catholics, including [name], to decline certain vaccines. The Catholic Church teaches that a person may be required to refuse a medical intervention, including a vaccination, if his or her conscience comes to this judgment. While the Catholic Church does not prohibit the use of most vaccines, and generally encourages them to safeguard personal and public health, the following authoritative Church teachings demonstrate the principled religious

Does Francis's "Right-hand Man" Parra have a "Sexual Predation against Seminarians, Adultery, and even a Deadly Sex Game...[that] 'might even be a Scandal Surpassing that of McCarrick'"?

Archbishop Edgar Peña Parra with Francis Today, the Call Me Jorge website asked "What could be so important that Francis interrupted his weekly adulation [Audience] session?": Pope gets a phone call during the Audience. Haven’t seen this before. Then he quickly leaves and says he will be back. pic.twitter.com/npCuPzdnxP — The Catholic Traveler (@MountainButorac) August 11, 2021 It was Abp. Mons. Edgar Robinson Peña Parra, Substitute for the Secretariat of State, who was involved in the recent scandal of mismanagement during the acquisition of a € 300 million building in London. Still no word on what the phone call was about . [http://callmejorgebergoglio.blogspot.com/2021/08/what-could-be-so-important-that-francis.html] Who is Archbishop Edgar Robinson Peña Parra ? Parra according to the Catholic Herald is Francis's "right-hand man"[https://catholicherald.co.uk/roman-curia-the-popes-new-right-hand-man/] In 2019, Life Site News reported that Parra alleged

Might it be Good for all of us & for Francis to Read about the "Gruesome Death of Arius"?

I have read the letters of your piety , in which you have requested me to make known to you the events of my times relating to myself, and to give an account of that most impious heresy of the Arians , in consequence of which I have endured these sufferings, and also of the manner of the death of Arius . With two out of your three demands I have readily undertaken to comply, and have sent to your Godliness what I wrote to the Monks; from which you will be able to learn my own history as well as that of the heresy . But with respect to the other matter, I mean the death, I debated with myself for a long time, fearing lest any one should suppose that I was exulting in the death of that man. But yet, since a disputation which has taken place among you concerning the heresy , has issued in this question, whether Arius died after previously communicating with the Church ; I therefore was necessarily desirous of giving an account of his death, as thinking that the question woul